Urmila has danced in various cities in India and abroad.
Some of her most prestigious performances have been :
1. The Festival of Dances, New Delhi
2. Khajuraho Festival of Dance
3. Konark Festival, Orrisa,
4. The Sangeet Natak Festival, Assam
5. Danced at the Ganges Festival, Varanasi
6. Festival of Dance, Goa
7. Malabar Mahotsava, Kerala
8. Nishangandhi Festival, Kerala
9. Citibank Festival of Dance Kalakshetra Foundation etc.
10. Celebration of the Golden Jubilee of Indian
Independence,Government of Tamil Nadu
11. Golden Jubilee Celebrations of the Shanmukhananda Sabha,
12. Brahmotsavam, Tirumala
13. Inauguration of Ravindra Bharati, Hyderabad
14. The ICCR, New Delhi
15. SPIC Macay - "Yamini Festival"
She has performed in all leading Sabhas during the december
season in Chennai.
1. Festival of India' Edinburgh - 1999
2. ICCR Egypt, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Norway,
3. Toured France for Triveni 1999 and 2004.
4. Sutra Dance Festival, Malaysia 2001.
5. Toured the United States of America and Canada for
Kalalaya in 2003, 2005
6. Academy of Tamil Arts and Technology, Canada 2002.
7. Neelam Tiruchelvan Trust, Muthukrishnaswami Mission
Sri Lanka (2002).
8. Royal Tropical Institute, Netherlands, 1999-2000, 2006
9. Tamiz Sangam, Dubai 2003
10. Dance India Taste India Festival, Temple of Fine Arts,
11. SIFAS, Esplanade, Singapore April 2005.
12. Sangeetham Festival, Saddlers Wells, London June 2006.
13. Muthukrishna Swamy Mission, Sri Lanka 2002
14. ICCR South Africa, Centenary of Salt Sathyagraha in
Johanesburg in the presence of Honble Prime Minister of
India and South Africa.
'Panchali Sapatham' - Musical Score by Lalgudi G Jayraman
Woman - 'Past, Present, Future' - highlighting the status of the Indian Woman of the past, present & in the future.
Programs based solely on the compositions of Thyagaraja, Annamacharya, Swati Thirunal etc.
Bhakti Manjari - Facets of Bhakti
Vaishnava Barati - Highlights the Important Vaishanva Shrines across the country
'Bharati's Dream of an independent India'
'Rama Rasanubhavam' - excerpts from Arunachala Kavi's 'Ramanatakam'